Are you looking for ways to get people to open your emails?
Are you sick and tired of going through the trouble of writing an email and having poor open rates?
If you landed on this article is because you know that the money is in building your email list.
And guess what…
It’s still a very powerful way to build your business online.
The problem is getting people to open your emails and buy whatever it is that you have to offer.
10 Email Marketing Strategies To Get People To Open Your Emails
1. Write A Catchy Subject Line
According to Inc.com, the common length of the subject line is from 6 to 10 words.
Keep it short and sweet and don’t make hype promises that you can’t keep.
For instance: “You’ve got money!”
Let people know what’s inside, and be relevant. Spend some time on your subject line and be creative.
2. Use negative words
It’s crazy but for some reason using negative words have higher open rates.
3. Don’t be afraid to get a little controversial
People love controversy. If you have a point of view that’s contrary to what is relevant to your brand, express it. If it’s valuable to your target market, then just speak your mind but be respectful.
4. Provide mostly value
I get a lot of emails that are mostly pitching me into some new deal. Now there is nothing wrong with sending people to your offer. But realize, there is a lot of pain in this industry.
Think about things that you asked yourself before getting started. Did you find the answer? Share that answer with your audience because just as it provided value to you it will provide value to your audience.
Plan when you are going to send out your emails. Make sure that you are being consistent.
6. Personalize Your Email
Use the person’s name or talk to them as if you are talking to a friend. Make it one on one. People like feeling as if though they are the only one receiving an email from you. Speak directly to them and don’t make it sound like some pitchy script.
7. Say who the email is from
People are more likely to open an email from your personal name instead of XYZ company.
8. Email segmentation
If you haven’t done this, start segmenting your email list. This tactic is more personalized and will help deliver relevant emails depending on your audience interests.
9. Most people use their cell phones
Optimize your emails for cell phones since most people are on their mobile.
10. Build Trust
Send people useful information, not only will this open your emails but it will also build rapport with your audience. You don’t want to mess things up by constantly sending out spam and irrelevant information to your readers because believe and trust that your emails will be sent straight to the spam folder.
Now It’s Your Turn
So, there you have it. I have provided some tips so that customers can open your emails. Hopefully, these email marketing strategies will help increase your email open rate. or answer your question to why your email open rate is so low. Here’s a recap:
- Make sure to keep your subject line short and sweet
- Use negative phrases that catch the attention of your reader but keep the message positive
- Don’t be scared to get a little controversial, it shows that you are a human.
- Stop sending so much spammy email and start providing a lot more value
- Send your emails at the right time and be very consistent
- Act like you are talking with a person, which you are by the way. Use their name and personalize it.
- Your readers need to know the email that you are sending out is coming from YOU.
- Segment your email list in order to target your audience’s needs
- Optimize your emails for mobile since most people are on their cell phones anyway
- If you do all of these things you will build trust
Think of email marketing as a long-term project. Although I have shared ways for people to open your emails, don’t expect to get results right away. People need to get to know, like and trust you and that takes time. Put yourself in your audience’s place and think of what kind of emails you’d like to receive. What do you do with spammy, irrelevant emails that you aren’t interested in?
Do you know any ways to get a higher email open rate?
Do me a favor and share it, shoot a comment below and let’s have a discussion!
Thanks for Reading!